Sidizens Rivals, the competitive brand in charge of organizing tournament for Sidizens Gaming, has announced that it will be hosting a 2-day Call of Duty Warzone Battle Royal Trios tournament, with a N250,000 ($650) pool prize.
The organization which was founded by popular Nigerian musician, Dr. Sid, was officially launched last week and will now organize its first tournament this month as it seeks to establish itself as one of the best eSports tournament organizers in Nigeria.
Sidizens Rivals’ first tournament will be held between June 13 and June 14, 2020, with matches starting at 6 pm WAT and ending at 9 pm WAT each day.
Interested participants can team up and register, by paying N10,000 /$25, for the tournament which has a pool prize of a N250,000 ($650).
The first team to emerge as winners out of the 32 teams will be awarded N100,000, while the second and third-place teams will gain N50,000 and N30,000 respectively.
The fourth-place team will also earn N25,000 followed by the fifth-place team which will earn N20,000. Teams which are placed between sixth and tenth at the end of Sidizens Rivals’ Call of Duty Warzone Battle Royal tournament will take home N5,000.
In an exclusive interview with eSports360s.com, the Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Sidizens Gaming revealed that the tournament is not limited to just countries from Africa but it is a tournament which is meant to promote eSports in Africa.
He said: “Our main focus is Africa but all countries are eligible as this is a global tournament. The objective is to put African Esports on the map and create a series of events where our players get the opportunity to earn money and glory from their passion, as well as giving corporate bodies in Africa a good look at the power and viability of Esports.
“Competition brings improvement and this tournament brings out the best of the best. We want to see African gamers compete for the big bucks and prove that we can take on the best in the world despite all our constraints.”
Format and Rules for Sidizens Rivals’ COD tournament
Below is the format for Sidizens Rivals’ Call of Duty Warzone Battle Royal tournament.
- Your team goes into COD Warzone trios for a 3-hour period each day to get the most kills and highest position they can.
- You submit screen grabs of all the games you play within the 3 hour period.
- Only your top 10 games per day will be considered for the leader board. Screen grabs must show final position and number of kills for each player.
- The tournament starts at 6pm WAT and ends at 9pm WAT each day.
- All proof must be submitted after each game last results must come in before 9:30pm WAT each day, and then we’ll verify points and update the leader board.
- Points are scored as follows:
Registration for tournament
Interested participants for the tournament can register for the tournament, before 11th June 2020, by clicking on the link. Each team will be required to pay a registration fee of N10,000 /$25 through a PayPal account and will also be expected to follow a set of rules which can be found below.
1) Hacking is not tolerated
2) Team Captains have to send photographic evidence into the discord server https://discord.gg/TBQS5TJ
3) Ensure you send your photo evidence of games after each game last results must come in before 9:30pm WAT each day.
4) All photographic evidence must be sent to the Sidizens Rivals. Discord https://discord.gg/TBQS5TJ otherwise points won’t be awarded.
5) Teams can play as many games they want until 9:00pm only your top 20 games will count towards the leaderboard.
6) Only games started before 9.00pm WAT will count towards your points total.
7) Team who falsify stats will be disqualified and banned from Sidizens Rivals Tournaments.
8) All games played must be streamed by at least 1 team member links posted in the discord server
9) Teams must remain professional and respectful to each other and to the league admins at all time or risk disqualification/ a ban.
10) For more information or dispute contact admin or log a ticket in the discord server.
About Sidizens Rivals
Sidizens rivals is the competitive brand which organizes events and tournaments for Sidizens Gaming, an eSports organization owned by popular Nigerian singer Dr. Sid.
The brand was launched last week via Sidizens Gaming’s official YouTube channel by Dr. Sid. In his address, he indicated that the brand is keen on organizing quarterly paid tournaments which will pave way for its Sidizens Rivals invitational.
The Sidizens Rivals invitational will bring together the top participants from all three competitions organized by the brand as well as 5 wildcard entries who will all receive participation prizes upon qualification.
You can watch the full video of the launch of Sidizens Rivals below.